International Chaplaincy Research Autumnschool
The Autumnschool will be held online and will consist of three sessions: an afternoon session on October 26th, a morning session on October 29th, and an evening session on November 4th 2021.
The Autumnschool provides participants with an introduction to important examples of existing chaplaincy-related research, the research process and various research methods. It prepares chaplains to develop the skills necessary to conduct simple but important research and quality improvement projects. Furthermore, participants will begin building a network of both early-career and established chaplains for future collaborations.
October 26 – Tuesday: Introduction and research methods
- 14.00-14.30 CEST Welcome, overview, introductions (Anne Vandenhoeck)
- 14.30-15.30 Presentation 1: Overview of chaplaincy research (Anne Vandenhoeck, Daniel Nuzum)
- 15.30-16.00 Break
- 16.00-17.30 Presentation 2: Qualitative and Quantitative research methods (Anne Vandenhoeck, Daniel Nuzum)
October 29 – Friday: Research and its context
- 9.00-10.30 CEST Presentation 3: The context of research (Gaby Jacobs, Erik Olsman)
- 10.30-11.00 Break
- 11.00-12.30 Journal club (Annelieke Damen)
- 12.30-… Optional online lunch together
November 4 – Thursday: Research examples
- 19.00-20.30 CEST Presentation 4: Two examples of qualitative and quantitative research (Traugott Roser, Renske Kruizinga)
- 20.30-21.00 Break
- 21.00-21.45 Research laboratory (Annelieke Damen)
- 21.45-22.30 Closing session (Anne Vandenhoeck)
More information on programme here.